Monday, May 4, 2009

My Healty Dinner

I been craving for fish for couple days now so last night I decided to cook my fish. I'm just happy because I have plenty of fish in our freezer so anytime I want to eat fish I can always cook it as long as I'm not lazy he he...I fried lapu lapu and tortang talong (Stuffed Grilled Eggplant Omelet). =)) a filipino dish for egg plant...it's so simple and tasty.

I like all fish freshwater and saltwater, but my favorite would be fried lapu lapu or Escabeche lapu lapu. I been always love this fish even when I was in Philippines. It is an expensive fish in the Philippines, but people love it because it is delicious. Lapu-lapu is a local fish which in English is called commonly as "grouper".

tortang talong (Stuffed Grilled Eggplant Omelet)
Fried fish (Lapu Lapu)

What is Lapu-Lapu or Grouper?
-Lapu lapu is also the name of the grouper fish in the Philippines. For the city, see Lapu-Lapu City.
-is a high value fish with great potential in aquaculture.
-They are valued for their excellent texture and flavor.

Well...Fish is excellent sources of protein that are low in fat and it is a highly nutritious food commodity. Being an excellent protein food with fewer calories, it is better than other meat sources. It is rich in omega 3 fatty acids proven to be good for the heart. Eggplant is effective in the treatment of high blood cholesterol and is richer in nicotine than any other edible plant.

What about you peeps? what kind of fish do you like eating?

0 comments:

 
© 2008 NaturalBeautynHealth. All Rights Reserved-Powered by: blogspot.com*